Engrained in the PRSA Code of Ethics is a pledge, and responsibility, to serve the public good; a recognition that a healthy information environment supports healthy communities. Building trusted relationships of mutual understanding is the cornerstone of the public relations profession, uniquely positioning communicators as facilitators and collaborators with the expertise to bring communities together to find common ground.
Now it’s your time to ACT:
Amplify: Activate and share V4E assets and content to increase awareness and support for civic participation across the profession and our publics to empower an engaged citizenry.
Connect: Build mutually beneficial relationships, converse and communicate to help maintain a strong democracy, a stable government and an engaged public working collaboratively to serve the greater good.
Take Action: Spark change, share content and add your expertise to initiate and convene conversations that establish thought leadership. Put Voies4Everyone into action.
What to do next?
1. Provide consulting support to small nonprofits and civic organizations in need of public relations and communications guidance.
2. Aid underrepresented voices in speaking effectively about key issues by developing messaging, securing media opportunities and other public engagements.
3. Partner with civic educators to help youth and young adults understand the value of civic learning experiences, volunteering and pursuing a public service career.
4. Develop media campaigns and grassroots narratives encouraging a commitment to our democracy and one another.
5. Craft messages to help local, state and federal government agencies communicate important details about key issues, policies and programs.